Thursday, October 11, 2012

KICKING OFF THE DUTCH INVASION


 

This coming week marks the kickoff of the Dutch Invasion.  This is the busiest and most exciting time of the year at work. It’s a stretch where I’m sleepless, working like a boss, and having a great time.  It’s when my Dutch colleagues are with a posse of their students for an intense, 8 day, student exchange.

Where set up all types of activities, trips, and gatherings for the kids. The two weeks leading up to this is killer for me! I am at my most efficient work-pace all year-churning out lessons, correcting, recruiting, organizing, and communicating. It’s a crazy time, and it’s the best of times!

The Dutch arrive on our doorstep this Monday.  My fam is ready to host the teachers for the 6th year in a row. We have gotten to know the teachers very well by now and have built a great working relationship and friendship with my colleagues from the Nederland.

I’ve been lucky enough to visit my friends in the Netherlands the last few years and their homeland has really impressed me. I’ve gotten to explore both the city(Amsterdam) and the countryside quite extensively.  Their cycling lifestyle is very contagious!  If only I could train on their flat, car-less, endless trails along the dikes and farms! 

So it’s time to break out the orange, cheese, stroopwaffels, and Heineken’s and enjoy the invasion.

Can my training schedule survive??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment